The Community Project in Year 9 focuses on community and service, encouraging students to research and act on an area of service in their community.
To consolidate their learning, students engage in an in-depth inquiry, culminating in an exhibition where their project is presented to peers.
The aims of the Community Project are to encourage and enable students to:
- participate in a sustained, self-directed inquiry within a global context.
- generate creative new insights and develop deeper understandings through in-depth investigation.
- demonstrate the skills, attitudes and knowledge required to complete a project over an extended period of time.
- communicate effectively in a variety of situations.
- demonstrate responsible action through, or as part of, learning.
- appreciate the process of learning and take pride in their accomplishments.