IB World School
As an IB World School, Faith Lutheran College delivers the Primary Years Programme (PYP) at our Junior School, and the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme at the Middle and Senior School to students in Year 7 to Year 9. As an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, we use an internationally recognised inquiry framework to engage students in their learning and develop young people who are caring, knowledgeable and active lifelong learners.
We share a common philosophy with IB World Schools across the globe - a commitment to high quality, challenging, international education that Faith Lutheran College believes is important for our students.
Why IB ?
The International Baccalaureate Organisation outlines 10 reasons the International Baccalaureate Programme is ideal for students to become active, lifelong learners:
1. Students are encouraged to inquire – fostering curiosity to ask questions and find answers.
2. Real world issues are explored as students create meaning for themselves in our complex world
3. Confident communicators emerge as students learn to communicate in a variety of ways, and in more than one language.
4. Collaboration underpins students' learning as they work with teachers and peers to plan, present and assess their own learning.
5. Students learn how to be open-minded and respectful as they develop a deeper understanding of their own and other cultures – we call this international-mindedness.
6. Critical and creative thinking is fostered as students develop knowledge and skills, and explore things from different perspectives.
7. Students take action. Students make appropriate choices and take responsibility for their actions as they grow and believe in their personal success.
8. Creative learning enables students to explore their imagination and respond to unexpected challenges and opportunities with agility.
9. We work together. We celebrate “our common humanity and the belief that education can help build a better and more peaceful world”.
10. Students develop into caring and responsible citizens who learn to express their opinions and explore solutions. Each individual can make a difference in their lives, and the lives of others.
For further information visit: https://www.ibo.org/programmes/primary-years-programme/
The IB Learner Profile helps us identify and understand the skills and qualities our young people need to be active learners and to be successful in the world beyond school. View the video below to see the learner profiles 'in action' at Faith.